ERIC was founded in 2001 and represents an European organisation devoted to improving the outcome of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and related diseases. It is a registered non-profit organisation under the name of the European Research Initiative on CLL e.v.
ERIC is also a Working Party of the European Leukemia Net and a Scientific Working Group of the European Hematology Association. ERIC is open to all physicians and scientists working/interested in the field of chronic lymphocytic leukemia and related disorders.
The ERIC Office located in Barcelona is hosted by The Research Institute of the Sant Pau Hospital (IR-HSCSP).
- Development and promotion of clinical, translational and basic research activities on CLL and related disorders.
- Encouragement of interaction and cooperation between clinical expertise (physicians, study groups) and scientist/research groups in CLL and related scientific fields on a European and international level.
- Creation of common standards with regard to the diagnostic and therapeutic management of CLL patients
- Implementation and management of clinical trials in CLL and related diseases
- Promotion of trans-national communication of clinicians/scientists and publication of clinical and scientific knowledge regarding CLL and related disorders
- Collaboration with patient groups and patient advocates towards the advancement of CLL patient care
ERIC strives to achieve these objectives by developing and coordinating experimental and clinical research in Europe and beyond within the many aspects of CLL and related disorders, and by enabling cooperation with other scientific organizations.