ERIC aims to promote and/or advance the assessment of TP53 gene aberrations for diagnostic purposes by educating the hematological community about
1) the need for performing such tests in all cases that require therapy, in both first and subsequent lines of treatment;
2) the quality of the appropriate techniques to be utilized by diagnostic laboratories to ensure reliable and comparable results across different institutions in Europe and elsewhere.
Ultimately, this will improve optimal patient care and will increase the availability of relevant tests, allowing clinical study groups, as well as the pharmaceutical industry, to properly identify these particularly difficult-to-treat CLL patients in routine diagnostics and clinical trials with the aim of further improving long-term outcomes.
The ERIC TP53 Network aims to be relevant to all personnel working in laboratories performing diagnostics for patients with CLL, including those who have never performed the analyses in the past, those who have recently introduced novel diagnostics and need reassurance on the correctness of the procedure, and those who already experienced their use who want to keep the high quality of applied methodologies. It also aims to increase physicians’ awareness of the need to test all CLL patients requiring therapy in order to select the most appropriate treatment for each case.
WORKING PLAN AND SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
The ERIC TP53 Network accomplishes its goals using the following approaches:
- RECOMMENDATIONS ON TP53 ANALYSIS
- EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
- ESTABLISHMENT AND EXPANSION OF THE TP53 NETWORK
- CERTIFICATION OF TP53 MUTATIONAL ANALYSIS
- ONLINE WEBTOOLS
- ONLINE HELP DESK
The online help desk has been specifically set up for laboratories facing any difficulties during the analysis. It provides methodological as well as interpretation consultation.
- FREE SOFTWARE OF SANGER ANALYSIS DATA (GLASS)
This software helps laboratories with the analysis of Sanger Sequencing data.
- TP53 ANALYSIS TEMPLATE REPORT FORM
This template serves as an example of the correct and comprehensive result report that should be provided to the physicians.
- A MANUAL FOR TP53 ANALYSIS
This manual contains concise information on the TP53 mutational analysis process from sampling to data interpretation.